Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/​Hide Header

Welcome Guest, post­ing in this forum requires reg­is­tra­tion.

Summary — este­fany
Name:
Position: Newbie
AIM:
Yahoo:
Jabber/​google Talk:
Biographical Info:
Mingle Forum by cart­pauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.014 sec­onds.

4 Responses to Forum

1. G Luhman says:

For some rea­son I cant make a user pro­file, but I am a cur­rent Reed fresh­man and i want­ed to bring Empire back to cam­pus. I have a good sized group of peo­ple who are all will­ing to sit around for a while and teach our­selves how to play! Are there any sug­ges­tions for help or rem­nants of Empire around Portland that could advise us?

• There are numer­ous “rem­nants” around town here in Portland! Andrew Nisbet, the high guru of Empire, is still here in Portland. Robert McCullough, keep­er of the maps and things, is only a block away from the Reed cam­pus. I myself am only ~ 2 miles from cam­pus.

Sitting around and teach­ing your­selves is almost cer­tain­ly not the best way to learn Empire, but it can work. That’s how I learned, and taught my friends, back around 1990. What we played then end­ed up a bit off from the root of Empire, but cer­tain­ly close to it, and we had a lot of fun.

Would you be doing this under the aus­pices of the Association of Reed Gamers, or…? In any case, I will be in touch via email as well.

2. gluhman says:

Me and my friends have begun to make the board and famil­iar­ize our­selves with the game. We have fall break begin­ning this fri­day at which point we will have ten days of free time to com­plete the board and to begin to play. We all have gam­ing expe­ri­ence with the PC games, Civilization, Age of Empires, etc. so I think we will be able to work it out. The tedious­ness of cre­at­ing over 3000 squares and hand draw­ing the map is just pre­sent­ing a bit of a chal­lenge for our busy lives here. Thanks for help­ing me so far and once we get into it maybe we could fig­ure out a way to meet up and col­lab­o­rate a bit.

• You know there are pre-made maps avail­able on the site, right? Along with pre-made grids if you want to draw your own map but not have to make 3000 squares? You’d need to take them to a local quick print place to get it out­put at full size (or find some­where on cam­pus to do so). As men­tioned on the “How to Play” page, your best bet here in Portland for out­put of a pre-made map (or a grid to draw your own) is Moso Graphics, at $60–75 they are less than half the price of AlphaGraphics or FedEx Office (the for­mer Kinko’s).

We should real­ly be in touch in per­son, you should respond to my email. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *